Patch - May 29th
Version ID: HJ
(You can press left control + J to view the version ID while in the main menu.)
(Patch notes contain spoilers)
Fixes and tweaks:
- Fixed a small ending-related visual bug if the grid is enabled
- Fixed a rather severe oversight where certain rules were adding events to the undo buffer in the wrong order, causing errors
- Added an additional check for situations where the player would've cleared an area but due to e.g. level repositioning between versions didn't get the flower for it
- Fixed a bug where floating Baba and a weak Wall would have a mystery interaction
- In certain cases where the game would freeze, it displays a special effect instead (this'll be expanded on and it might not appear in the game at the moment)
- Large underlying code reworking related to conditionals, not relevant in the game right now but it's work for the future
- Related to the above, [spoiler]conditionals with parameters behave in an equivalent way whether the condition has a Not or not[/spoiler]
- Fixed the word Facing not accepting directional words
- Related to above, made Empty Is <direction> work mostly as intended
- Fixed "Empty Is X" particle effects appearing everywhere even if Empty had a conditional word
- Added guest credits to "Across". Apologies to Corey Martin for missing that when adding the level.
- Made certain lategame visual elements easier to read
- Fixed a very specific functionality related to Open/Shut
- Whoops (a very small change; level found in ???)
- Collaborative effort (removed an unintended approach)
- Acrobatics (one of the changes listed above broke the level)
- Tectonic Movements (fixed a small readability issue)
- Seeking Acceptance (made the level more symmetric, purely a visual thing)
- Heavy Cloud (this might actually be a large change)
- Keke And The Star (fixed an unintended solution)
- The Heist (removed red herrings)
- Gallery (this'll need more work, but made the limits of the level clearer)
- Backstage (fixed a fairly tiny alternative solution)
- Maritime Adventures (removed an unnecessary element)
- Delicate Star
- One-way Entrance
- Sky Hold
- I will start working on features related to making the game ready for the level editor such as adjusting the data structuring; these changes will almost inevitably break mods. I'll try to list in these patch notes changes that I think might be like this. My apologies in advance.
- "Not On Keke And Baba" now requires the object not to be on both at the same time instead of either one to make the functionality equivalent to "On"; all conditionals with parameters work now the same way.
- The "operatortype" -value has been removed from values.lua; it made the system needlessly more complicated. If you want to change objects to conditionals, use the 'type' value. If you want a conditional with parameters to allow other parameters than objects, edit the level file and add changes "argtype" and "argextra".
- I'll be moving sprites from the Data/Worlds/baba/sprites/ folder to Data/sprites/ because most of the ones in the former aren't really meant to be specific to the main game.
Get Baba Is You
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.