This looks so cool. Is there any way you can make a Mac version?
Baba Is You
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
This is awesome. I just love this concept. I'm looking forward to the final version and wish luck to the creator of this fresh wonder :)
This is excellent and I had a great time playing it ^u^
I love this game.
The game lacks a mute button.
I'll try to make the audio less annoying for the full version! I had only bad earbuds available when making the sounds and that kinda affected things, haha :D
What an excellent game. I like how many different ways there are to finish each level, it's very clever.
I also like the BEST word. Sure, it's not used in any of the puzzles, but sparkles are their own reward!
I just added another pointless visual word: https://twitter.com/ESAdevlog/status/895051807952703488
Wow it is so awesome. Editor was under | or \ . Very good.
I can't get the menu or the editor to work. I think it's related to keyboard differences?
Unfortunately it seems to be that way :( The full version will have a proper level editor, though, I'm pretty sure!
BTW, you might want to mention that you have to change your keyboard language to Dutch then hit ~ to access the level editor :D
Or alternatively, bind it to a key that's more universal (like F2).
I'm stuck on level 12 ("ANNI IS BEST" in top left, "LOVE IS STOP" + "ANNI IS STOP" in lower right). Can someone give me a hint?
Tip: How did you solve level 9?
On L9 I could change what WALL IS, but I can't do that on L12. They're up against the side, so there's no way to change WALL IS STOP, FLAG IS WIN, or BABA IS YOU. All I have to work with are ICE, SLIP, and EMPTY -- and all I can make them IS is WALL, STOP, BABA, YOU, or each other. Another tip? Sorry that I'm dense.
this game is good ;D
GA I GO
ME S OD
This is one of the neatest things I've played in a long time. I played it a couple days ago, I keep thinking about it, and I have been recommending it to people.
I'm very much looking forward to the full version! I'm excited at the prospect of new items and actions, as well as a proper level editor with structure for share-able levels.
Thank you very much! I'm excited to get the full version done as well, hopefully it'll be as enjoyable!
there seems to be a bug
I formed "EMPTY IS WIN" in the last level and it didn't work
edit: nevermind, i think i figured out why and I might not be a bug
Awesome game by the way
Thanks! The idea is that "Empty is Win" doesn't do anything because as you step on an empty tile, it's no longer empty. Still not totally set on how to approach that behaviour, though!
This game is fucking GREAT
This was so satisfying! Loved it.
Fantastic! Thank you for making this game!
A couple thoughts:
- It would be nice if you didn't have to undo movements that didn't do anything - e.g. if nothing is YOU and you press arrows for 5 turns before undoing, it takes 6 undoes to get back in action
- some inconsistent sprite layers: in the level where GRASS is stop, the FLAG sprite appears above half the walls and below the other half
- Is it intentional that, when you stack several YOUs into a square, if you walk them into a KILL only one dies?
EDIT: for reference, I was playing the not-jam version
Thank you very much! I'm working on a full version. :)
1. That's a very good point; it might be a bit tough to determine if a movement changes anything or not but I'll put it on the to-do list; I guess same goes for walking against a wall and such!
2. Yeah, this needs work; it's a bit tough to decide how to layer stuff when you could have something like Grass is You and need to have it on top of stuff grass usually doesn't go on top of!
3. Not intentional, I've fixed it for the current version but didn't update the itch.io build before I started working on the full version. I probably should do another update to the itch.io version, though! :(
This game is awesome, thanks!
Is it possible to mod it by editing level files and syntax.lua?
Yeah, the jam version has a bunch of stuff that's handled by the game's code, but the lua part should still allow pretty extensive modding :) (Functions that the game code handles have the prefix "MF_" in syntax.lua!) You can also access the in-game level editor with § (or whatever button you have above tab on your keyboard)!
This is amazing. I can see a lot of potential for interesting puzzles.
I did find a bug where if you undo when "wall is wall" (for example), all the walls disappear until you hit restart.
Thanks for the report! I'm working on a more finished version and bugs like that will be fixed in that; I don't think I'll update the NGJ version further.
This game is so brilliant (: I'm really happy it won, it's well deserved.
(also, I voted for you!)
Well deserved winner of NGJ 2017! :)
Great! Very smart idea.
Amazing! I think it'd be awesome to see this developed into a full game with a proper level editor to play with, the possibilities are near endless. Including solutions that probably elude the intentions of the creator himself!