GA I GO
ME S OD
Baba Is You
A downloadable game for Windows
Arrows Is Control
R Is Restart
Z Is Undo
Esc Is Quit
F1 is Fullscreen
Baba Is Win!
Jam Is Nordic Game Jam 2017
§/~ Is Editor
+/- Is Levelchange
S Is Save
Tab Is Menu
Mouse Is Work)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
This is one of the neatest things I've played in a long time. I played it a couple days ago, I keep thinking about it, and I have been recommending it to people.
I'm very much looking forward to the full version! I'm excited at the prospect of new items and actions, as well as a proper level editor with structure for share-able levels.
Thank you very much! I'm excited to get the full version done as well, hopefully it'll be as enjoyable!
there seems to be a bug
I formed "EMPTY IS WIN" in the last level and it didn't work
edit: nevermind, i think i figured out why and I might not be a bug
Awesome game by the way
Thanks! The idea is that "Empty is Win" doesn't do anything because as you step on an empty tile, it's no longer empty. Still not totally set on how to approach that behaviour, though!
This game is fucking GREAT
This was so satisfying! Loved it.
Fantastic! Thank you for making this game!
A couple thoughts:
- It would be nice if you didn't have to undo movements that didn't do anything - e.g. if nothing is YOU and you press arrows for 5 turns before undoing, it takes 6 undoes to get back in action
- some inconsistent sprite layers: in the level where GRASS is stop, the FLAG sprite appears above half the walls and below the other half
- Is it intentional that, when you stack several YOUs into a square, if you walk them into a KILL only one dies?
EDIT: for reference, I was playing the not-jam version
Thank you very much! I'm working on a full version. :)
1. That's a very good point; it might be a bit tough to determine if a movement changes anything or not but I'll put it on the to-do list; I guess same goes for walking against a wall and such!
2. Yeah, this needs work; it's a bit tough to decide how to layer stuff when you could have something like Grass is You and need to have it on top of stuff grass usually doesn't go on top of!
3. Not intentional, I've fixed it for the current version but didn't update the itch.io build before I started working on the full version. I probably should do another update to the itch.io version, though! :(
This game is awesome, thanks!
Is it possible to mod it by editing level files and syntax.lua?
Yeah, the jam version has a bunch of stuff that's handled by the game's code, but the lua part should still allow pretty extensive modding :) (Functions that the game code handles have the prefix "MF_" in syntax.lua!) You can also access the in-game level editor with § (or whatever button you have above tab on your keyboard)!
This is amazing. I can see a lot of potential for interesting puzzles.
I did find a bug where if you undo when "wall is wall" (for example), all the walls disappear until you hit restart.
Thanks for the report! I'm working on a more finished version and bugs like that will be fixed in that; I don't think I'll update the NGJ version further.
This game is so brilliant (: I'm really happy it won, it's well deserved.
(also, I voted for you!)
Well deserved winner of NGJ 2017! :)
Great! Very smart idea.
Amazing! I think it'd be awesome to see this developed into a full game with a proper level editor to play with, the possibilities are near endless. Including solutions that probably elude the intentions of the creator himself!